Periodic Inspection Reports
Home electrical installations* can wear over time, and as we use things like power and lighting on a daily basis – unwanted costs and maintenance could be right around the corner.
Did you know that this can be prevented? Find out more by calling My Electrician London on 0203 078 5920.
Periodic Inspection Testing allows you to have peace of mind knowing that your home electrics are in good working order, and safe.
Benefits of having a Periodic Inspection:
- Determine how much power is being used – this can lead to saving energy.
- Identify faults, hazards and risks.
- Complies with current legal safety requirements.
- Prevents unexpected and costly repairs.
In addition to circuits and fuses, tests are also carried out on wiring and fixed equipment (such as cookers and showers) – this ensures that the entire home electrical network is safe.
Once completed, an Electrical Condition Report is issued (EICR).
Also, if requested, we can produce a schedule/diagram of circuits. This document is highly useful for any future work to be carried out, as well as assessing the value of a property.
My Electrician London (part of My Plumber, Chiswick) proudly service Homeowners, Tenants and Landlords – why not take a look at our feedback on Trustpilot.
When should I have a periodic inspection?
Your electrics should be inspected and tested every:
- 10 Years for an owner-occupied home
- 5 Years for a rented home
- 3 Years for a caravan or mobile home
- 1 Year for a swimming pool
Landlords who rent a ‘House in Multiple Occupation’ (HMO) are required by law to conduct a periodic inspection every 5 years.
If you are a landlord or homeowner and believe you may require a periodic inspection, please contact My Electrician London (part of My Plumber) on 0203 078 5920 for a free estimate with our fully qualified electricians.
How it works
Periodic inspections are carried out by My Electrician London fully qualified and registered electricians. Everything checked and tested will be against UK safety standards (BS 7671), part of the IEE Wiring Regulations.
Our electrician will inspect the following:
- Adequacy of earthing and bonding
- Condition of switchgear and control-gear (eg, outdated equipment may need replacing)
- Durability of cables, switches and other fittings (such as lights)
- Type of wiring system (for example older cables may have poor PVC protection)
- Whether or not sockets are protected by a suitable residual current device (RCD)
(Particularly important when using outdoor portable equipment)
- Correct and appropriate identification or notices (commercial premises)
- Extent of any wear and tear or damage (this can often be the case with older properties)
- Changes within premises that could lead to potential risks (eg, home workshops, outhouses etc)
If the criteria are fully met, our electrician will be able to issue an Electrical Installation Condition Report. This will list any risks or damage, and identify any non-compliant parts of the installation.
My Electrician London can help you with any electrical problem that you might be experiencing. Covering all areas of London.
What our customers say about us...
We're proud of the service that we provide and we hope that all of our customers do too. That's why we are recommended, vetted, and monitored by Trustpilot. All of our previous customers can independently review us on Trustpilot, of which previous customers have rated our service as excellent at 4 out of 5 stars
Award Winning Company in London
We very proud that over the past decade our amazing team of skilled plumbers, engineers, electricians, and handymen have been recognised by winning awards and being finalists for multiple awards in London